It’s what the rocks do
one with the sea.
It’s what the clouds
do when they can
no longer be silent.
You are no longer
leaving yourself behind
because you thought
no one else wanted you,
you are leaving them behind
and taking everything
they couldn’t hold onto.
So let go.
There’s no shame
— Pavana पवन (via maza-dohta)
i think it’s important that myself and other white ppl remember that we can not even begin to truly understand the pain and trauma of what is happening in ferguson, nor can we grasp the anger and sadness black communities experience due to this situation. all we can do is stand in solidarity, listen, and not derail or take the focus away from the true face of racism and white supremacy.
if you’re interested, this person is trying to organize a food/meal drive for elementery school kids in Ferguson.
schools in Ferguson have been closed since Monday and that’s where a LOT of the kids in Ferguson get their food from, to explain how important this is.
1. Will it really matter in a year? Or in six months?
2. Is this helping me to grow and become a better person?
3. Why does their opinion or approval matter to me?
4. Am I acting on my feelings? Am I likely to regret this?
5. What if I decided to do things differently?
6. What if I decided to write a choose who I will be instead of letting others decide my life for me?
— Eckhart Tolle (via purplebuddhaproject)
If you relapse, repeat after me:
- You are not weak.
- You have not lost this battle.
- You are not selfish.
- You are not out of control.
- All the progress you made hasn’t magically disappeared.
- You are not a failure.
- Life is a cycle of highs and lows- good times are ahead, so keep going forward.
- You matter.