This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my body.
I’m thankful for my legs for taking me all the places I want to go.
I’m thankful for my arms for allowing me to hug the people I love.
I’m thankful for my stomach for being my core and supporting my breath.
I’m thankful for my hands for allowing me to express myself and share my creativity.
I’m thankful for my feet for grounding me.
I’m thankful for my voice for allowing me to speak my truth.
I’m thankful for my eyes for allowing me to see the beauty of life.
I’m thankful for my ears for allowing me to hear the sounds of nature and appreciate music.
I’m thankful for my nose for allowing me to take in the scents of each season.
I’m thankful for my lips for allowing me to kiss and be kissed.
I’m thankful for my nerves for allowing me to feel and experience the world.
I’m thankful for my scars for proving my ability to heal and reminding me that I am a survivor.
I am incredibly grateful for all that it allows me to do.
It’s the keeper of my soul and the guardian of my spirit.
It’s the only body I have, and I refuse to abuse it any longer.
Today I choose to fill it with love.
Today I choose to treat it with gratitude.
- sunshineyxo likes this
- izzigreat reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- restless-desires likes this
- listen-to-your--heart reblogged this from cowandani
- anonymousam likes this
- paradiseisastateofmindd likes this
- ohcaptainjulia reblogged this from reachingforrecovery
- mango-kiss likes this
- spirited-vvolf reblogged this from love-and-smiles
- hazelgraceisokay likes this
- noralobb1 likes this
- emotionallyunpredictable likes this
- cavoli reblogged this from likeabrandnewdress
- mylovelyheart10 reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- ashanti-notthesinger reblogged this from thoushaltlovethyself
- ashanti-notthesinger likes this
- shesfilled-withsecrets likes this
- chasingnightingales reblogged this from horsyhollybelle
- chasingnightingales likes this
- horsyhollybelle reblogged this from thoushaltlovethyself
- purpledove reblogged this from thoushaltlovethyself
- purpledove likes this
- weareluckyyouandi likes this
- thoushaltlovethyself reblogged this from moonbeam-dancing
- thoushaltlovethyself likes this
- realgrrlpress reblogged this from fightingthinspo
- eunicechristie reblogged this from thaimyshoesthankyou and added:
- sassystars reblogged this from love-and-smiles
- bloodstainsblonde likes this
- fightingthinspo reblogged this from journeytorecovered
- gia-scientistintraining likes this
- livvvylime reblogged this from savealife1
- innerbeautyisbest likes this
- stretchandembolden reblogged this from reachingforrecovery
- recoveryisnotanoption likes this
- amiishaa reblogged this from gobeautiful
- amiishaa likes this
- resolution2revolution likes this
- savealife1 reblogged this from gobeautiful
- sprinklejoywithgiraffelove likes this
- gobeautiful reblogged this from practice-self-love
- aperfectinfinity likes this
- insidethehourglass reblogged this from fuck-ed-get-healthy
- fightthinspo reblogged this from reachingrecovery
- sarahysmiles reblogged this from chemicalcherri
- justbeingmelove reblogged this from fuck-ed-get-healthy
- fuck-ed-get-healthy reblogged this from love-and-smiles
- chemicalcherri reblogged this from se-ren-d-ipi-ty
- livingthequestion reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
About The Movement:
My name is Daniell, and I am the creator of the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.)
Need support? Have a question?
The Internal Acceptance Movement is an online space that advocates self-acceptance, healthy body image, recovery from self-destructive behaviors and addictions, and the acceptance of all people, regardless of what they look like, who they identify as, what they have been through, and where they come from. I. A.M. is a space that offers support to those battling their inner demons and strength to continue fighting when all hope seems to be gone.
I. A.M. represents the idea that as human beings, we aren't defined by anything external, such as our weight, appearance, body shape, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, clothing choices, income, occupation, or background. But that instead, it's our internal qualities--our character and attitude, our passions and dreams, our soul and spirit, our heart and capacity to love, our goals and morals, and the way in which we treat others--that are truly self defining.
Whether you're battling an eating disorder, self-harm, alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, PTSD, low self-esteem, anxiety, self-hating thoughts, poor body image, or any other mental health condition or self-destructive behavior, I. A.M. exists to remind you that you are NOT alone in how you feel or what you're going through; that it's okay to not be okay, and that you don't have to face this pain alone; that things can and will get better; that healing and recovery are possible; that there is nothing wrong with who you are; the who you are is enough; and that you are deserving of happiness, love, and acceptance, always.
I'm here if you need me: whether it's support, someone to vent to, a question, or you just want to say hi--know that this is a safe place and that you aren't alone. If I don't respond immediately, know that I'm not ignoring you. I will message you back at my earliest convenience. If you have an emergency or feel that you want to hurt yourself, please, please call 911. I'm not a therapist or a mental health professional of any kind. If you're in danger, you need to ask for help from people who can adequately support you. Sending you love: Daniell
Stuff I like
- “The inferiority of women is man-made.”
- “Listen folks. Cellulite is not a ‘problem’. It is...”
- “I crave your legs intertwined with mine, I crave...”