“I still love books.
Nothing a computer can do can compare to a book.
You can’t really put a book on the Internet.
All the computer can give you is a manuscript.
People don’t want to read manuscripts.
They want to read books.
Books smell good. They look good.
You can press it to your bosom.
You can carry it in your pocket.”
- ashleykauschinger likes this
- nightowlbear reblogged this from fuckyeahbookarts
- ilka-crawford reblogged this from jeannelynbrinas
- yashimyer19 reblogged this from windshadows
- windshadows reblogged this from comewhat-comemay
- comewhat-comemay reblogged this from thoughtfullyyours
- katstachio likes this
- thoughtfullyyours reblogged this from fuckyeahbookarts
- intotheinkwell likes this
- chopsueycinema reblogged this from fuckyeahbookarts
- twilightabyss likes this
- rebeccapoplemodelmaker reblogged this from fuckyeahbookarts
- bayfoo reblogged this from smartdametales
- virtutes-vitia reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- 5b5b reblogged this from britcko
- mariceci10 reblogged this from britanyjade
- britanyjade reblogged this from stefffstaysstoned
- stefffstaysstoned reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- zsakblog reblogged this from sec2nd
- trapdoorundermychair reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- spiderinthecupboard reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- birdsandthings reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- wilting-iris likes this
- victorytasteslikeice reblogged this from fuckyeahbookarts
- x-dreamdust-x reblogged this from anniesboobs
- x-dreamdust-x likes this
- anniesboobs reblogged this from reaktorplayer and added:
- queen0f-light reblogged this from reaktorplayer
- reaktorplayer reblogged this from fuckyeahbookarts
- reaktorplayer likes this
- hoping-wanting-x reblogged this from jeannelynbrinas
- jeannelynbrinas reblogged this from aaalipio and added:
- jeannelynbrinas likes this
- sillysammy reblogged this from aaalipio
- aaalipio reblogged this from patradise
- fuckyeahbookarts reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- sec2nd reblogged this from ochreogre
- bestimpressions likes this
- patricialsaenz reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement and added:
- lifeat3mps likes this
- kinkyminx likes this
- libraryvicious likes this
- shizzler likes this
- orbinzoon reblogged this from naggisch and added:
- orbinzoon likes this
- withnailrules likes this
- naggisch reblogged this from ochreogre
- whimwam likes this
About The Movement:
My name is Daniell, and I am the creator of the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.)
Need support? Have a question?
The Internal Acceptance Movement is an online space that advocates self-acceptance, healthy body image, recovery from self-destructive behaviors and addictions, and the acceptance of all people, regardless of what they look like, who they identify as, what they have been through, and where they come from. I. A.M. is a space that offers support to those battling their inner demons and strength to continue fighting when all hope seems to be gone.
I. A.M. represents the idea that as human beings, we aren't defined by anything external, such as our weight, appearance, body shape, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, clothing choices, income, occupation, or background. But that instead, it's our internal qualities--our character and attitude, our passions and dreams, our soul and spirit, our heart and capacity to love, our goals and morals, and the way in which we treat others--that are truly self defining.
Whether you're battling an eating disorder, self-harm, alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, PTSD, low self-esteem, anxiety, self-hating thoughts, poor body image, or any other mental health condition or self-destructive behavior, I. A.M. exists to remind you that you are NOT alone in how you feel or what you're going through; that it's okay to not be okay, and that you don't have to face this pain alone; that things can and will get better; that healing and recovery are possible; that there is nothing wrong with who you are; the who you are is enough; and that you are deserving of happiness, love, and acceptance, always.
I'm here if you need me: whether it's support, someone to vent to, a question, or you just want to say hi--know that this is a safe place and that you aren't alone. If I don't respond immediately, know that I'm not ignoring you. I will message you back at my earliest convenience. If you have an emergency or feel that you want to hurt yourself, please, please call 911. I'm not a therapist or a mental health professional of any kind. If you're in danger, you need to ask for help from people who can adequately support you. Sending you love: Daniell