Life’s Natural Highs
1. Blasting your favorite song in the car and singing it out loud.
2. Feeling the sunshine on your face and basking in it’s warmth.
3. Looking at old photos that have captured happy memories.
4. A warm shower on a cold day.
5. Watching your favorite movie
6. Realizing you can do something you didn’t know you could.
7. Accidentally overhearing someone say nice things about you.
8. Cuddling with a pet who loves you unconditionally.
9. That instant when the thing you didn’t understand suddenly makes complete sense.
10. Those random good-hair days.
11. The feeling you get when a group of friends all laugh really hard at one of your random jokes.
12. Making a completely random guess and getting it right.
13. Waking up, realizing it’s the weekend, and curling up for another thirty minutes of sleep.
14. Seeing a best friend you haven’t seen in awhile and picking up right where you left off.
15. Finally getting to sleep in your own bed after being away for a few weeks.
16. Laughing hysterically with your friends, then pausing momentarily, looking at each other, and then laughing hysterically again.
17. An unexpected compliment from an unlikely someone.
18. The feeling you get when you’re just waking up when you’ve gotten just enough sleep.
19. Finding something you made when you were a kid.
20. When you succeed in doing something someone said you were previously incapable of doing.
21. The feeling of ‘clicking’ with someone else’s personality instantly, and being able to talk about anything even if you’ve only known each other for a few hours.
22. When you realize you have finished everything way ahead of schedule and can do whatever you want for the rest of the day.
23. Receiving a hug from someone you care about.
24. The “butterflies in your stomach” feeling of a new romantic relationship.
25. Scoring 100% on anything.
26. Falling in love.
27. Seeing a shooting star.
28. Making a difference in someone’s life.
29. Doing something you’re passionate about.
30. Having the freedom to be exactly who you are, without regrets or apologies.
- behappyandsmilesunshine reblogged this from aymienanana
- aquamo0n reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- justsmiless reblogged this from always-a-wild-spirit
- ohhaihealthygirl reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- ninaadeleon likes this
- rosesandmoonbeams reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- femmeamanda likes this
- awake-o-sleeper likes this
- sv2tu reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- faith-hope-dream likes this
- dreamscarols reblogged this from msd4real
- ohmycastlewalls likes this
- mybreakupshakeup reblogged this from love-and-smiles
- takeitorrrleaveit likes this
- clonemachine likes this
- jen916 reblogged this from tha-real-her
- tha-real-her reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- msd4real reblogged this from 0901
- jayjayyheartss reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- 0901 reblogged this from love-and-smiles
- flightyhale reblogged this from love-and-smiles
- chocolatecoveredmusic reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- magsbe reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement and added:
- dreamsinthyme likes this
- noforevers likes this
- wiltedwildfire likes this
- ababykangaroo reblogged this from letsjustsayfornow
- laurenyellowrose likes this
- lovefeelingalive reblogged this from always-a-wild-spirit
- lovefeelingalive likes this
- heymacee reblogged this from yoursmilealwayslightsuptheroom
- breakthescene likes this
- b0hobaby likes this
- letsjustsayfornow reblogged this from yoursmilealwayslightsuptheroom
- letsjustsayfornow likes this
- endlesssummerdazee reblogged this from always-a-wild-spirit
- bellesbookstore reblogged this from hollyelizabeth89
- seeeyouagain likes this
- missashlynforever likes this
- sanctuaryfornone reblogged this from stucklikeamelodyinmyhead
- hollyelizabeth89 reblogged this from always-a-wild-spirit
- pprouvaire likes this
- muahaha-smile-silly-girl reblogged this from loveisntborrowed
- dustlanddfairytale reblogged this from loveisntborrowed
- healthandpositivity likes this
About The Movement:
My name is Daniell, and I am the creator of the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.)
Need support? Have a question?
The Internal Acceptance Movement is an online space that advocates self-acceptance, healthy body image, recovery from self-destructive behaviors and addictions, and the acceptance of all people, regardless of what they look like, who they identify as, what they have been through, and where they come from. I. A.M. is a space that offers support to those battling their inner demons and strength to continue fighting when all hope seems to be gone.
I. A.M. represents the idea that as human beings, we aren't defined by anything external, such as our weight, appearance, body shape, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, clothing choices, income, occupation, or background. But that instead, it's our internal qualities--our character and attitude, our passions and dreams, our soul and spirit, our heart and capacity to love, our goals and morals, and the way in which we treat others--that are truly self defining.
Whether you're battling an eating disorder, self-harm, alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, PTSD, low self-esteem, anxiety, self-hating thoughts, poor body image, or any other mental health condition or self-destructive behavior, I. A.M. exists to remind you that you are NOT alone in how you feel or what you're going through; that it's okay to not be okay, and that you don't have to face this pain alone; that things can and will get better; that healing and recovery are possible; that there is nothing wrong with who you are; the who you are is enough; and that you are deserving of happiness, love, and acceptance, always.
I'm here if you need me: whether it's support, someone to vent to, a question, or you just want to say hi--know that this is a safe place and that you aren't alone. If I don't respond immediately, know that I'm not ignoring you. I will message you back at my earliest convenience. If you have an emergency or feel that you want to hurt yourself, please, please call 911. I'm not a therapist or a mental health professional of any kind. If you're in danger, you need to ask for help from people who can adequately support you. Sending you love: Daniell
Stuff I like
- “I wanted to show that men and women can be...”
- Anonymous asked:I ate pizza and ice cream today and I feel so gross and unhealthy :/
pizza is great. ice cream is great, and most...
- Negative Space
- “It’s easy to say “fuck cultural identities, we’re...”
I always feel
naked around you;
as if I am...