“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” Roald Dahl
30 EXTRAORDINARY THINGS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.
1. A baby is taking its first few steps without falling.
2. Two people somewhere in the world, are falling in love.
3. Somewhere, someone is admiring a breathtaking sunrise, and somewhere else, a surreal sunset.
4. A soldier of sorts is diligently fighting the fight so you don’t have to
5. Someone who suffered from a severe injury last year is back on their feet.
6. A small group of people are building something that will soon make the impossible possible.
7. Somewhere on Earth a double rainbow is stretched from one end of the horizon to the other.
8. One of the next Billboard-chart-topping musical artists is patiently rehearsing in her garage.
9. A piece of literature is being written that will eventually change your perspective on life.
10. A friend is helping a friend rise above thoughts of suicide.
11. People of various religious backgrounds are in temples, churches, mosques and other places of worship praying, wholeheartedly, for world peace.
12. An elderly couple is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.
13. Two best friends are laughing so hard that they aren’t even making any noise.
14. A firefighter is running into a burning building to rescue a perfect stranger.
15. Someone in your hometown genuinely wants to be your friend.
16. A new mom is lying in a hospital bed and holding her baby twins for the very first time.
17. Someone is taking a shower and singing happily at the top of their lungs.
18. There is someone out there who smiles when they think of a specific moment they once shared with you.
19. An alcoholic just celebrated one full year of sobriety.
20. Volunteers in major cities all over the world are working at homeless shelters caring for those who are less fortunate than themselves.
21. A high school athlete just broke their own personal record.
22. Two teenagers just received their very first kiss ever from each other.
23. Someone is hugging a friend who desperately needs it.
24. Someone just placed their spare change in the charity collection cup at the grocery store.
25. A small group of friends are sitting around a table sharing funny stories and cheerfully reminiscing about the good old days.
26. Honest people are working for various government entities to help protect your basic human rights and civil liberties.
27. An emergency room surgeon is in the middle of saving his patient’s life.
28. Someone is holding the door open for the person behind them.
29. Someone out there is missing you and looking forward to your next visit.
30. We are reminded that extraordinary things happen to ordinary people, and that there is beauty and wonder in everyday life.
- before-it-can-breathe-easy likes this
- jessicaodays likes this
- verisimilar likes this
- josie-anne reblogged this from cleareyedkid
- terriblyknotted reblogged this from cleareyedkid
- cleareyedkid reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- fatpeopleontreadmills likes this
- rejectingsanity likes this
- beesilly reblogged this from badswolf
- badswolf reblogged this from thisboythatgirl
- badswolf likes this
- thoughtsrtwisted reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- lackofhaley reblogged this from uymygosh
- uymygosh reblogged this from starscolliding
- chasityx likes this
- thunderheartt likes this
- to-be-wanted-by-you likes this
- rinni93 reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- yourp3rfectdisaster reblogged this from thisboythatgirl
- heidirosebud likes this
- life-is-just-one-long-adventure reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- you-cant-see-this-anymore reblogged this from letssharesecrets
- zephyruos reblogged this from petalforyourthoughts
- sponsoredbynoise reblogged this from stereoheadphones
- itmustbethe-chemistry reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- gouache-tea reblogged this from thehopeofabetterage
- gouache-tea likes this
- andcarpediem reblogged this from love-faith-hope-trust
- exquisitewallflower likes this
- superwholockingalltheway likes this
- giraffepoliceforce likes this
- prideandfandoms reblogged this from kendraaleighb
- kendraaleighb reblogged this from thisboythatgirl
- siawrites reblogged this from bellaknoti
- bellaknoti reblogged this from thisboythatgirl
- you-are--beautiful likes this
- laugh-be-happy-smile reblogged this from 4eversunshine
- kristinalear reblogged this from littlebritterrs
- stephaniehsu likes this
- stay-strongxx likes this
- stay-strongxx reblogged this from thisboythatgirl
- kyla-schuebel16 likes this
- tilltheyresinginglalala likes this
- littlebritterrs reblogged this from lexalouie
- alexisvandershot reblogged this from rosietoumanian
- christyvu reblogged this from randomschtuff
- littlebritterrs likes this
- quixoticarnivorous likes this
- go-timeforce likes this
About The Movement:
My name is Daniell, and I am the creator of the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.)
Need support? Have a question?
The Internal Acceptance Movement is an online space that advocates self-acceptance, healthy body image, recovery from self-destructive behaviors and addictions, and the acceptance of all people, regardless of what they look like, who they identify as, what they have been through, and where they come from. I. A.M. is a space that offers support to those battling their inner demons and strength to continue fighting when all hope seems to be gone.
I. A.M. represents the idea that as human beings, we aren't defined by anything external, such as our weight, appearance, body shape, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, clothing choices, income, occupation, or background. But that instead, it's our internal qualities--our character and attitude, our passions and dreams, our soul and spirit, our heart and capacity to love, our goals and morals, and the way in which we treat others--that are truly self defining.
Whether you're battling an eating disorder, self-harm, alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, PTSD, low self-esteem, anxiety, self-hating thoughts, poor body image, or any other mental health condition or self-destructive behavior, I. A.M. exists to remind you that you are NOT alone in how you feel or what you're going through; that it's okay to not be okay, and that you don't have to face this pain alone; that things can and will get better; that healing and recovery are possible; that there is nothing wrong with who you are; the who you are is enough; and that you are deserving of happiness, love, and acceptance, always.
I'm here if you need me: whether it's support, someone to vent to, a question, or you just want to say hi--know that this is a safe place and that you aren't alone. If I don't respond immediately, know that I'm not ignoring you. I will message you back at my earliest convenience. If you have an emergency or feel that you want to hurt yourself, please, please call 911. I'm not a therapist or a mental health professional of any kind. If you're in danger, you need to ask for help from people who can adequately support you. Sending you love: Daniell