You’ve got it all wrong. You didn’t come here to master unconditional love. That is where you came from and where you will return.
You came here to learn person love. Universal love. Messy love. Sweaty love. Crazy love. Broken love. Whole love. Infused with divinity. Lived through grace of stumbling. Demonstrated through the beauty of… messing up. Often.
You didn’t come here to be perfect. You already are. You came here to be gorgeously human. Flawed and fabulous. And then to rise again into remembering. But unconditional love? Stop telling that story. Love, in truth, doesn’t need ANY other adjectives.
It doesn’t require modifiers. It doesn’t require the condition of perfection. It only asks that you show up. And do your best. That you stay present and feel fully. That you shine and fly and laugh and cry and hurt and heal and fall and get back up and play and work and live and die as YOU. It’s enough. It’s plenty.
- Courtney A. Walsh
- irismudmary likes this
- twhddlestn reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- twhddlestn likes this
- thegreatchicagofire likes this
- thegreatchicagofire reblogged this from awakemysoul93
- awakemysoul93 reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- taylormakesdirtywordssoundpretty reblogged this from fattyforever
- madmanna likes this
- haniyamalik likes this
- believeinmindcontrol reblogged this from sbinthecity
- williamchapmanwritings likes this
- sbinthecity reblogged this from glimpseofgrace
- angfierce3 likes this
- areyousureyouareintherightplace likes this
- brunettes-not-fighterjets reblogged this from fattyforever
- moeealicee reblogged this from dancewiththegoblins
- alwaysthelittlespoon reblogged this from fattyforever
- alwaysthelittlespoon likes this
- somethingsyoudoforlove likes this
- simplywinchester likes this
- dancewiththegoblins reblogged this from fattyforever
- fattyforever reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- a-feather-falling-quickly reblogged this from everythingistemporaryanyway
- iamjboogz reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- dave20874 likes this
- everythingistemporaryanyway reblogged this from letitmarinateawhile
- curious--mind reblogged this from hellisfromheretoeternity
- carmenhabibah reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- shruthisaur likes this
- jusfuckindoit likes this
- sabr90 reblogged this from everlastingredamancy
- whatzoelikes reblogged this from wandering-visionary
- finnick-woah-dair reblogged this from wandering-visionary
- wandering-visionary reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- outlandis-h likes this
- kaitloveshunter reblogged this from twinkachu
- twinkachu reblogged this from sociolab
- ohmadforyou likes this
- ohmadforyou reblogged this from these-dimensions
- these-dimensions reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- joga-luce likes this
- smallumbrellas likes this
- methodistcoloringbook likes this
- mskaylee reblogged this from sociolab
- femmeviva likes this
- theavengress likes this
- jktimebomb22 reblogged this from leadahmer
- jktimebomb22 likes this
- kalenedeuxtrois likes this
- leadahmer reblogged this from sociolab
About The Movement:
My name is Daniell, and I am the creator of the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.)
Need support? Have a question?
The Internal Acceptance Movement is an online space that advocates self-acceptance, healthy body image, recovery from self-destructive behaviors and addictions, and the acceptance of all people, regardless of what they look like, who they identify as, what they have been through, and where they come from. I. A.M. is a space that offers support to those battling their inner demons and strength to continue fighting when all hope seems to be gone.
I. A.M. represents the idea that as human beings, we aren't defined by anything external, such as our weight, appearance, body shape, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, clothing choices, income, occupation, or background. But that instead, it's our internal qualities--our character and attitude, our passions and dreams, our soul and spirit, our heart and capacity to love, our goals and morals, and the way in which we treat others--that are truly self defining.
Whether you're battling an eating disorder, self-harm, alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, PTSD, low self-esteem, anxiety, self-hating thoughts, poor body image, or any other mental health condition or self-destructive behavior, I. A.M. exists to remind you that you are NOT alone in how you feel or what you're going through; that it's okay to not be okay, and that you don't have to face this pain alone; that things can and will get better; that healing and recovery are possible; that there is nothing wrong with who you are; the who you are is enough; and that you are deserving of happiness, love, and acceptance, always.
I'm here if you need me: whether it's support, someone to vent to, a question, or you just want to say hi--know that this is a safe place and that you aren't alone. If I don't respond immediately, know that I'm not ignoring you. I will message you back at my earliest convenience. If you have an emergency or feel that you want to hurt yourself, please, please call 911. I'm not a therapist or a mental health professional of any kind. If you're in danger, you need to ask for help from people who can adequately support you. Sending you love: Daniell