We are more than the worst thing
that’s ever happened to us.
All of us need to stop apologizing
for having been to hell and come back breathing.
Your bad dreams are battle scars.
What doesn’t kill you cuts fucking deep
but scars are just skin growing back
thicker when it heals.
Let it heal you. Try. To be honest. Open.
Even if some days that means saying,
“I still feel broken. I’m too beat down to even get out of bed. But I have faith, yes, tomorrow
I will stand.”
I’ll relearn justice. I’ll love without fear.
I will be braver than some monster who
crawled out from under my bed. I swear,
I will not give him the satisfaction
of being the thing that breaks me.
- Clementine von Radics.
- hobgoblinmarket reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- amneubs likes this
- anneisrestless likes this
- secludedheart reblogged this from letsfindpurpose
- secludedheart likes this
- jessepinkmanliveson likes this
- riseabovethemadness likes this
- letsfindpurpose reblogged this from st00pid-vegunz
- allmoveskilled reblogged this from apfelgranate
- amanda-fayeee reblogged this from watercolorsandmagneticpoetry
- watercolorsandmagneticpoetry reblogged this from st00pid-vegunz
- veganzuko87 reblogged this from pandaveganlove
- veganzuko87 likes this
- obscurehippie reblogged this from st00pid-vegunz
- obscurehippie likes this
- pissed-off-vegan-fairy likes this
- pandaveganlove likes this
- cuntgarden likes this
- st00pid-vegunz reblogged this from vegan-gelical
- whiskeyhowl reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- strongerrespect reblogged this from screwitlifesmorefunwhenitsfunny
- strongerrespect likes this
- breathingisenough reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- ostracis-ed reblogged this from hiswordssplashedmewithstars
- c1tizen-of-theworld reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- sleepingoffmydemons likes this
- emptychattering reblogged this from theboyprincessdiaries
- fatmf likes this
- aislingeach88 likes this
- lluxified likes this
- hexetal reblogged this from theboyprincessdiaries
- hexetal likes this
- theboyprincessdiaries reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- cultivatinggrace reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- sister-queen likes this
- written-words reblogged this from adcaelum
- thingwithfeathers likes this
- chemeuevilady reblogged this from adcaelum
- quietriver-ragingsea reblogged this from adcaelum
- quietriver-ragingsea likes this
- galaxyset likes this
- pouringtherain reblogged this from adcaelum
- jennycalendar likes this
- adcaelum reblogged this from snark-peddler
- tenyeardrunks likes this
- snark-peddler reblogged this from pushtheheart
- pushtheheart reblogged this from wandering-antevasin
- pushtheheart likes this
- wandering-antevasin reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
About The Movement:
My name is Daniell, and I am the creator of the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.)
Need support? Have a question?
The Internal Acceptance Movement is an online space that advocates self-acceptance, healthy body image, recovery from self-destructive behaviors and addictions, and the acceptance of all people, regardless of what they look like, who they identify as, what they have been through, and where they come from. I. A.M. is a space that offers support to those battling their inner demons and strength to continue fighting when all hope seems to be gone.
I. A.M. represents the idea that as human beings, we aren't defined by anything external, such as our weight, appearance, body shape, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, clothing choices, income, occupation, or background. But that instead, it's our internal qualities--our character and attitude, our passions and dreams, our soul and spirit, our heart and capacity to love, our goals and morals, and the way in which we treat others--that are truly self defining.
Whether you're battling an eating disorder, self-harm, alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, PTSD, low self-esteem, anxiety, self-hating thoughts, poor body image, or any other mental health condition or self-destructive behavior, I. A.M. exists to remind you that you are NOT alone in how you feel or what you're going through; that it's okay to not be okay, and that you don't have to face this pain alone; that things can and will get better; that healing and recovery are possible; that there is nothing wrong with who you are; the who you are is enough; and that you are deserving of happiness, love, and acceptance, always.
I'm here if you need me: whether it's support, someone to vent to, a question, or you just want to say hi--know that this is a safe place and that you aren't alone. If I don't respond immediately, know that I'm not ignoring you. I will message you back at my earliest convenience. If you have an emergency or feel that you want to hurt yourself, please, please call 911. I'm not a therapist or a mental health professional of any kind. If you're in danger, you need to ask for help from people who can adequately support you. Sending you love: Daniell