HOW TO RESPOND TO FAT SHAMING COMMENTS:
*Do you need to eat that?
- I thought that you were an accountant, are you also a dietitian?
- Yes, because dealing with your rudeness is depleting my glycogen
stores at an alarming rate
- If I want to talk to the food police, I’ll call 911
- Thanks for trying to give me your insecurities, but I was really
hoping to get a Wii for Christmas this year
- No, but using my fork to eat helps to keep me from stabbing you
*What are you doing about your weight?
- Moving it through space with grace, power, and joy
- Dressing it in fabulous clothes and taking it out on the town
- My weight is fine, what are you doing about your rudeness?
*Don’t you know that being fat is unhealthy?
- Don’t you know what is and is not your business?
- No, I don’t and you don’t either. It looks like you need to do some
*This Health at Every Size stuff is just fat people justifying people being fat.
- My fat body is amazing and requires no justification. Your rudeness
on the other hand is inexcusable.
- Health at Every Size says that healthy habits are the best chance to
improve our odds for a healthy body. Are you suggesting that we
should tell people to practice unhealthy habits?
- It sounds to me like you are just trying to justify your fat bashing.
*You’re pretty for a fat girl.
- Why on Earth would you think I care what you think about me?
- That’s weird, I was just thinking that you are attractive for a rude
*You’re not fat!
- Holy crap, we need to go to the Optometrist right freaking now!
- I am absolutely fat, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I think
what you might mean is that I don’t fit your stereotypes of fat – in
which case the problem is with the stereotypes and not my size.
- You know, when you say that I’m not fat, when I obviously am, it
makes it sound like you think there’s something wrong with the body
that I live in all the time, there isn’t.
Written by: Ragen Chastain
Picture from: Tatiana Mercedes
- ambermarierose reblogged this from alltheprincesses
- alltheprincesses reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- girl-interrrupted likes this
- ja-elle likes this
- katherine-lily reblogged this from whitecedars
- pelagicprincess likes this
- miss-mish-mash likes this
- africandreampop reblogged this from geekzyllah
- travislittle likes this
- colouredvinyl likes this
- totescrepe likes this
- totescrepe reblogged this from jeankd
- allgoodevenwhenitfeelsstrange reblogged this from jeankd
- lebnaniye likes this
- whitecedars reblogged this from jeankd
- mariyahss likes this
- geekzyllah reblogged this from jeankd
- geekzyllah likes this
- patrilineal-princess likes this
- khatiemay reblogged this from jeankd
- jeankd reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- raye-marielove reblogged this from bartgirl01
- raye-marielove likes this
- peeingoneverythingyoulove likes this
- mischievousflickblade reblogged this from lady-chyna
- driftersandvagabonds reblogged this from bendyarms
- bartgirl01 reblogged this from i--amdoingthebest-i-can
- just-paint-the-roses-red likes this
- i--amdoingthebest-i-can reblogged this from lady-chyna
- i--amdoingthebest-i-can likes this
- bendyarms reblogged this from lady-chyna
- erodri likes this
- lady-chyna reblogged this from copperandstarrs
- copperandstarrs reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- copperandstarrs likes this
- undefinedoddness reblogged this from porcelaincookies
- veganisthenewblack likes this
- nubiangoddess reblogged this from internal-acceptance-movement
- nubiangoddess likes this
- laurscreamisnotamused likes this
- laurscreamisnotamused reblogged this from nvinciblesummer
- nvinciblesummer reblogged this from you-always-feel-it-sherlock
- whaddadork reblogged this from mrs-moseby
- castiels-wing reblogged this from friendlyfangirl88
- piecebybeautifulpiece reblogged this from friendlyfangirl88
- queen--abaddon reblogged this from you-always-feel-it-sherlock
About The Movement:
My name is Daniell, and I am the creator of the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.)
Need support? Have a question?
The Internal Acceptance Movement is an online space that advocates self-acceptance, healthy body image, recovery from self-destructive behaviors and addictions, and the acceptance of all people, regardless of what they look like, who they identify as, what they have been through, and where they come from. I. A.M. is a space that offers support to those battling their inner demons and strength to continue fighting when all hope seems to be gone.
I. A.M. represents the idea that as human beings, we aren't defined by anything external, such as our weight, appearance, body shape, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, clothing choices, income, occupation, or background. But that instead, it's our internal qualities--our character and attitude, our passions and dreams, our soul and spirit, our heart and capacity to love, our goals and morals, and the way in which we treat others--that are truly self defining.
Whether you're battling an eating disorder, self-harm, alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, PTSD, low self-esteem, anxiety, self-hating thoughts, poor body image, or any other mental health condition or self-destructive behavior, I. A.M. exists to remind you that you are NOT alone in how you feel or what you're going through; that it's okay to not be okay, and that you don't have to face this pain alone; that things can and will get better; that healing and recovery are possible; that there is nothing wrong with who you are; the who you are is enough; and that you are deserving of happiness, love, and acceptance, always.
I'm here if you need me: whether it's support, someone to vent to, a question, or you just want to say hi--know that this is a safe place and that you aren't alone. If I don't respond immediately, know that I'm not ignoring you. I will message you back at my earliest convenience. If you have an emergency or feel that you want to hurt yourself, please, please call 911. I'm not a therapist or a mental health professional of any kind. If you're in danger, you need to ask for help from people who can adequately support you. Sending you love: Daniell